* A Gap sweater I bought a couple of years ago, still in the bag, still has the tags
* Probably $100 or so of lip gloss and related variants
* Seven or eight sheet sets for my one queen bed
* Three or four duvet covers, including one still in the packaging
* A couple dozen pillow cases, most never used
* Several random collections of loose change (the start of the Piggy's mission fund!)
* Countless old ward and stake directories
* Dozens of 3 1/2 inch "floppy" disks
* A few ZIP disks
* Instruction manual for a cell phone I owned eight years ago
* A bunch of old purses
I could go on, but it was just awholelotofjunk that has been collecting in boxes for years. So I threw out a bunch of stuff. It was great.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds a lot like our moves. We need to do some serious decluttering real soon. The last time we moved I found bill statements from when we lived at Sis. Woods over six years ago! That is so funny about the floppy disks. Our new computer doesn't even have a floppy drive!
I've thrown out an astounding amount of junk this year. Moving is the best way to rid yourself of useless junk. When faced with the option of packing it to the next place or tossing it, the trash becomes a much more appealing option.
Don't forget about Freecylce, it's a website based off of keeping trash out of the landfills and one mans junk is another mans treasure. It's a great site!
Post a Comment