
A few weeks ago while we were in the midst of our move and I was going through some winter clothes, the baby grabbed a wool scarf and chewed on it for a bit before I noticed. Later that day he developed a red rash around his mouth and it got a bit worse over the subsequent days, especially where his pacifier touched his face and kept it damp.
The red spots eventually faded and he looked fine again. Then last week at our family reunion, he started to get some redness again, and by the day we left, a couple of spots had actually blistered. Eventually the reaction spread across one cheek and down onto his chin.
His doctor says this is contact dermatitis and recommended we see an allergist because based on some other factors he thinks the baby probably has food allergies, as well. While not thrilled with that possibility, I was a tiny bit relieved because a part of me wondered if they were going to suspect Munchausen by proxy, since it looks for all the world like I've been feeding the Piggy caustic substances.
No comments:
Post a Comment