Loading...

Friday, March 28, 2008

Wants and needs

I was reading an article today on cnn.com about people who have been affected by issues in the mortgage and real estate industries. One featured story was a young single mother who lost her job as a receptionist at a mortgage lender six months ago and has yet to find suitable employment. Her problems are compounded by the fact that she must find something that pays enough to cover living costs plus day care for her two young sons. The article said her unemployment check is barely enough to cover rent, and she relies on family and friends to make other payments for her, such as her cable bill.

I have to admit that at this point my sympathy waned. I mean, come on, lady -- you've been out of a job for six months, and you still have cable? Those are some generous friends you've got.

No comments: