Pork Chop has an issue with people wearing pajamas and exercise attire in public. He has come right out and told me that he would take exception to me wearing sweats or anything akin to them to the store. I don't think it's a huge deal to do this in rare circumstances -- running out for a prescription late at night, for example -- but I respect his viewpoint and I have no problem wearing normal clothes when we run errands.
The strength of his view on this has made me more aware of violations of the policy. A few nights ago, we went to the store to pick up a couple of things at about 8:30 p.m. I personally don't know any adults who are actually preparing for bed at that hour, but we saw no fewer than three people at our local Smith's who were clad in actual pajamas. In one case, the pajamas were paired with fuzzy slippers. The woman in question did not appear to be sick or anything -- in fact, I hope she wasn't, because she came and hovered over the baby to look at him. Seriously, what is up with the PJs? I'm beginning to sidle over into Pork Chop's camp on this one.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I agree - try WalMart on a friday night....scary
I dispute your assumption about adult bedtimes. You know at least one adult who frequently starts bedtime preparations at 8:30 on a weeknight.
ok... the PJs are a little over board. But given my profession... I live in my workout clothes. I try to still look presentable, but I love the fact that I have the most comfy "work clothes" ever! (besides the whole spandex thing)
Maybe Jared's expectations for public dress have been inflated by the large numbers of homosexual men who live in your neighborhood.
Post a Comment