Loading...

Friday, December 28, 2007

And so it continues

I am a little embarrassed to say that we have lived in this apartment for a while now and have not exactly been diligent about vacuuming, which is to say, we have never vacuumed it. I remember being appalled a few years ago to learn that certain single gentlemen of my acquaintance didn't even own a vacuum; well, I have become one of those people. In our defense, we have hardwood and linoleum in most of the house and we clean those floors pretty routinely, but the bedroom and hallway we have largely ignored.

Last week we had the carpets professionally cleaned and we decided we must do more routine maintenance and acquire a vacuum before the Little Pork Chop comes. The last thing we need is the baby wallowing around on yucky carpet. So today we went to our local Deseret Industries and acquired a Dirt Devil for $20. It was covered in dirt and grime, but otherwise appears to be perfectly functional. Before we attempt to use it, Jared is industriously cleaning it. We are on a bit of a roll with this cost-cutting thing; I'm not sure what brought it on exactly, but it's turning into kind of a challenge for us, and for the time being we're enjoying it.

No comments: