In honor of General Conference weekend, Jared and I baked an apple pie this Sunday. As usual, we did not realize until we had started the process that our rolling pin is not at our apartment. Jared is continually making this rediscovery, and we both feel annoyed by it each and every time. We either need to scrounge our rolling pin out of our boxes at John and Michelle's, or break down and buy another one. Anyway, we improvised.
While Jared dealt with the crust issue, which included a lattice top, I peeled and sliced the apples and made the filling. The recipe included a caramel sauce that you poured over the crust and apples before baking. Quite delicious. The crust probably would have been a little better had we not had to handle it so much, but otherwise it was great. I feel pretty lucky to have a husband who enjoys hanging out in the kitchen; it makes these more elaborate productions possible.
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment