Loading...

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Our kid's cousin

My brother and his wife are going to have a new baby in an hour or two. Jared is on his way to the hospital, where he will sit in the waiting room or something until the joyous event is announced, then maybe go get the proud parents some food. He will be one of the first to see the new bundle of joy.

I, on the other hand, am stuck here at work, of course, and I still have lingering cold symptoms, so when I am introduced to the new arrival, it will be at a distance. I suspect baby-holding will be off-limits to me for another few days at least. Anyway, I am interested to see how this whole thing goes for Jared. Since it's not as though he is going to actually witness the birth, I wonder if he will find the waiting room aspect of the experience anti-climactic. I'll keep you all posted.

No comments: