Loading...

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Long day

Well, the new nephew made his appearance around 9:00 last night and he is super cute. Pork Chop and I got to see him within the first hour or so after he was born when he was still really alert and looking around, getting acclimated to this strange, harsh world. At this point he seems to have brown eyes, but it's hard to say for sure. Unfortunately, our camera battery was dead and our charger is MIA, so I don't have any pictures to post, although we took some of the baby with his dad using their camera.

This morning Pork Chop was musing that eight pounds of baby (or seven and a half, as it turned out) is not as much as he imagined. He feels that eight pounds of beef is bigger volumetrically than eight pounds of baby. I have tried and tried to tell him that newborns are small, but it doesn't really sink in until you are face to face with one.

Anyway, Pork Chop thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience yesterday and I'm glad he had such a good time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Does the new baby have a name?

Unknown said...

Oh, yeah, and congrats on the addition to the everexpanding Black family.