Got back from NYC last night. It's really good to be home; these trips to the East Coast always take it out of me, for some reason. When I came home, I discovered that Pork Chop had really been on a roll. Not only did he do the normal picking-up around the house, but he also did all of our laundry (including folding and putting away!) scrubbed out the tub and all the bathroom fixtures, scrubbed the kitchen sink, and washed all of the dishes. He also swept the floors and for all I know might have done other stuff I haven't even noticed yet.
I didn't leave him any instructions or anything; he was a very good boy. I am discovering that relinquishing control gets me a lot further than stressing about how things will get done. Between the two of us, someone always seems able to step up and take care of things.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amazing!!! Maybe I need to try this with Haws :) Actually, I think we married men who really do help out a lot. It's the same with us. We are both super busy, yet we each chip in to get things done.
Tell your Pork Chop that he's ruining things for the rest of us.
Really, I guess the marriage effect (like most things) is relative. I don't think my level of housekeeping is impressive until you compare it with how I was before I got married.
Post a Comment