Loading...

Monday, August 20, 2007

Back to school

Pork Chop is looking at purchasing a laptop for school. Our desktop isn't even set up and it has ancient versions of everything, and his Mac has been having fits lately. I told him it would be nice for him to have a computer with him so that when he has down time on campus he can be as productive as possible. So we have been researching laptops and it looks like we'll be able to get one quite affordably.

I did, however, specify that he has to get something with a DVD burner and enough RAM and processor speed to be able to render and burn video. I want to get a digital camcorder when we have the baby and start editing our own DVDs. My illustrious employer does not see sufficient business advantage at this time to supplying us with DVD burners on our laptops, so Pork Chop will have to be the go-to guy on this one.

Unbeknownst to him, I'm also thinking about getting him some other back-to-school supplies: maybe some nice colored pencils and a protractor. Seriously, though, what might be nice to get for him that he wouldn't otherwise think of?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Well I always appreciate a good bag and a nice water bottle with a climbing clip so that I stay hydrated. Also a lunch or snack bag for those long days. And of course don't forget the milk money giftcard.

PS. Great seeing you two - you look wonderful.

Sarah said...

Excellent suggestions, Carrie. I am starting by looking for a good backpack/laptop case and will let you know how it goes.