Loading...

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

One whole year

This past Sunday Jared and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. Well, "celebrated" may be too strong a word. Frankly, "observed" is probably too strong a word. I think we could safely say we "noted the passage of" our first wedding anniversary. We both felt kind of crappy (physically) that day and slept until close to 4:00 p.m., then shared a romantic dinner with John and Michelle and their two kids, with Julie in tow.

Really, I think it just crept up on both of us. Jared, especially, keeps proclaiming that it doesn't feel like a year. I guess that's a good thing. Everyone talks about how hard the first year of marriage can be, but we didn't think it was bad at all. I mean, aside from the surgery and the illnesses and the moves and the changes of employment, it was a pretty uneventful year.

So, onward and upward, and maybe next year we will mark the occasion by getting out of bed sometime during the first half of the day and possibly exchanging gifts or going to dinner or something. We are such romantics...

No comments: