Today I didn't pack a lunch and I got really busy here at work and just ran to the vending machine for a quick snack. I am out at a client site and as I walked up to their lunch room, I saw a sign reading: Weight Watcher's meeting in progress. Feel free to come in to use the microwave. The conference room to the south has been reserved for you to eat your lunch.
It didn't explicitly say that I was free to come in to use the vending machines, so I kind of hesitated, but then I saw that the vending machines were right inside the door, so it's not like I had to walk past a group of dieters to get to my junk food. Still, I will admit that I felt a little bit odd about clanking in my change and dispensing myself a sugary snack while an intense discussion of points was going on.
On the other hand, I kept thinking -- What? These people get paid to go to Weight Watchers? Good grief; when will someone pay me to engage in any type of self-improvement?
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment