Loading...

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Hair dilemma

So Meredith commented on my last post that my hair is getting long. It is, indeed, getting long, and also very scroungy. Extremely scroungy. It's kind of limp and lifeless and has about four inches of undyed roots. The layers that looked cute when it was short now look kind of clumpy and weird at this length. So I am contemplating a radical change.

I am thinking of getting a perm.

Now, before any of you get too worked up and start having visions of the crazy stuff I sported in high school, let me introduce a few more facts. 1. My hair is thinner now than it was back then, so hopefully I won't be as big of a frizz-head. 2. I am not thinking of going with a super-tight curl. Probably something more like this:

Some curls that can be kind of crazy if I diffuse them and use product, but more relaxed if I don't overdo it. Also, I will highlight my hair again a week or two after the perm. So this is my tentative plan. I haven't actually scheduled it yet, because 1. I need to find somebody I really feel comfortable with if I am going to plunge into the perm scene again and 2. I am still a little indecisive.

What do you guys think? Should I risk it? Could it be any worse than my current look?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

NO! NO! NO! NO! Don't do it, let's not relive the 7th grade again...this picture is not possible without daily upkeep and using a curling iron that you would have to do some additonal curing - I spoke to my sister the professional hairstylist and she said you should so do this damage to your HAIR...please I beg you. I would shave it before getting a perm.

Unknown said...

As a person who lives with curly hair on a daily basis, I have to say that it is not that easy to deal with and maintain. Getting a good hair day is often iffy. Straight hair is easier to deal with, in my humble opinion. Keep it straight!