Loading...

Friday, March 9, 2007

A farewell to winter

Yesterday afternoon I was in the office for the first time in quite a while. I looked out my window and noticed that the ice skating rink in the plaza below looked a little strange. It also appeared to be roped off. After a few puzzling moments (I have quite a few of these, I've realized) it dawned on me that the rink had been de-commissioned and was now just a concrete surface. I'm actually not quite sure what, if anything, they do with it during the summer.

I was disappointed about this, because I had been planning for ever so long to go down there after work and take a quick spin around the rink. Now it looks like it will have to wait until next year. On the bright side, things are warming up quite a bit around here. I'm trying not to get too set on the idea that winter is actually coming to an end, because the weather has a nasty way of turning on you and dumping a fresh heap of snow at the most inopportune times, but I am, shall we say, cautiously optimistic.

Further fueling this optimism is the fact that we are moving into our new place this weekend. We've already taken over about half of the items we plan to move, so that's a good start. As I mentioned before, it's quite small, but it will still be fun. We'll be able to go back to cooking our own little meals, truly sleeping in on the weekends, and maybe going to the gym more often now that we'll be so close. Yes, it's a veritable springtime of the soul around here.

No comments: