Not sure what the title has to do with this entry, but I love that John Denver song.
So, Pork Chop and I got our taxes done this week. Well, almost done; I still have to do one of the part-year resident state tax forms, but that should be a no-brainer. I am a little nervous about this, because we are getting a ton of money back. It seems strange; I adjusted my W-4 back in 2005 to try to get my withholdings right, but I didn't go back and change it again when we got married, so I think that's part of the problem. Anyway... finances being what they are this year, I'm glad we don't owe anything.
Pork Chop was actually very organized about the tax process -- more so than me. He had his W2-s carefully laid out for me and helped me locate some other documentation. He also has a much better memory for certain things and recalled that he had purchased some small tools and equipment while he was working at the temple and seemed to know the amounts he spent, so we were able to deduct those expenses. He also knew just where to find both our car registration documents and remembered what months I had made property tax payments so I could pull up those records. Pretty impressive. Anyway, with him scrambling around locating documentation and me manning TurboTax, we made quick work of it.
Then I spent an hour or so going over things with a fine-toothed comb, trying to verify that I hadn't made a data-entry error or something. Everything seems to be fine, though. The refund should be on its way any day.
Friday, February 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment