Right now, after trying the patience of our nearest and dearest for a few months, and hopefully before we overstay our welcome, the Hexbergs are looking to relocate. This move will probably take us to a cozy little one-bedroom apartment somewhere. I guess that "somewhere" part is pretty vague. Jared seems quite determined to get me closer to my office to reduce my commute, so I guess I won't argue. My only stipulation is that our new residence must have one room where I can read and not be inundated with the sounds and sights of Jared playing Xbox live. If I can accept the irony of owning two homes and living in neither, that doesn't seem like an unreasonable expectation.
The interesting part of this is that because of my work schedule, Jared will be looking for this apartment himself. He has already launched into the search quite enthusiastically. I would have killed for a picture of him all tucked into bed last night, clipboard and pen at the ready, cheerfully perusing Craigslist postings and examining apartment photos. There was something quite endearing about it. He has already checked out a couple of places today between work stops and will be showing me the pictures he took tonight. Cross your fingers for me; I told him to make sure it's a safe neighborhood but we're talking about a guy who lived in Compton, so we might have different ideas about that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment