We had a Black family get-together last night in Orem. Everybody made it but Ethan. Julie and Meredith were still in town; they're heading back to California today. Carrie F. and Brad W. were also there since they're caravaning back with the girls. We had dinner and then the annual cut-throat games began.
We started off with Balderdash. John claimed it was a photo finish, but I beat him by a comfortable margin. Not everybody is a big fan of the Black style of play, which includes a fair amount of jest about the weaknesses of some of the entries and attempts to get other players to break by claiming to know which definition is theirs. So it was more enjoyable for some than others, but I guess that's true of most things in life.
Then we moved on to Taboo, a game with a history of strong family controversy. This time the play went fairly smoothly, although one team dominated. Only one person stormed off during the game, and it turned out to be the result of an unrelated offense. We didn't wrap up until about ten o'clock and then Jared, John and I blearily made our way home.
On the way back John brought up one of his all-time favorite casual discussion topics: human evolution and the arguments for and against it. It was the classic finish to the evening.
Right now I'm kicking back with a cup of hot chocolate and working my way through a mound of paperwork. Gotta love working from home:
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have to say that I had the previledge of being apart of this no-holds-bar game night and "family picture". The games are quite stressful and keep you at the table - bathroom breaks are not acceptable. And I also was the photographer, and my comment is this...the camera never lies.
Post a Comment